Guidelines For FCPS Part 1 Candidates – BCPS
Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons
67, Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmed Sarani, Mohakhali, Dhaka- 1212, Bangladesh
Guidelines For FCPS Part 1 Candidates – BCPS
- Entrance into the examination hall requires Admit Card.
- The examination hall will be opened 15 minutes before the schedule for the candidates to take their seat.
- Entrance into the examination hall closes 15 minutes after the commencement of examination. Under no circumstances, one can be allowed beyond this deadline.
- No examinee will be allowed to leave the examination hall no sooner than 15 minutes before the end of the examination.
- Candidates are to bring their own ballpoint pen, 2B pencil, sharpener and a good eraser.
- A separate answer sheet (OMR sheet) will be provided for answering 50 questions. All answers should be recorded on the answer sheet by filling up the appropriate circle.
- The answer sheets are not to be folded or damaged in any way. No Writing is to be allowed in the space provided for answers in the answer sheet.
- The part of the answer sheet which includes name, registration number, roll number, course. Subject and set code (where applicable) should be filled in with ballpoint pen at the beginning of the examination.
- Candidates are instructed to fill in the 6 digits of their roll number only on Answer sheet. Follow the example below:
EXAMPLE:- A candidate in FCPS Part-I, Pediatrics whose Roll No. is 390712.
Subject Roll No: Here you will find 6 boxes to write your roll. Obst. & Gynae O Example:
Candidates in Medicine, Surgery and Obst. & Gynae should fill their set code circle as follows:-
- There will be 35 Multiple Choice Questions of multiple “True” / “False” response type with 5 branches to each question, i.e., a, b, c, d, e. Each of these five branches will be either. “True” or “False” and are to be marked accordingly on the answer sheet by filling in the appropriate circle with a 2B pencil. There will be 15 Single Best Answer type questions where the candidate will respond to one answer only. Make Sure to fill the circles completely and dark enough to be read by an optical mark reader (OMR sheet). Follow the example below.
EXAMPLE for MCQ : Hormones affecting growth of bone:-
- a) Parathormone b) Thyroxine c) Aldosterone d) Growth Hormone e) Testosterone
EXAMPLE for SBA :
In which part of the body is conjugated bilirubin metabolized to urobilinogen?
а) Common bile duct.
- b) Hepatic sinusoids.
- c) Large intestine.
- d) Small intestine.
- e) Splenic macrophages
If revisions are to be made in the answers after filling in the circles, the filled in the circle should be completely erased and another appropriate circle will be filled in.
- Each correct response is to be awarded a positive mark of 0.4 for MCQ true/false type and 2 marks for SBA. There is no negative mark for an incorrect response.
- Total time allotted is 1 hour 40 minutes for filling in the answer sheets. Hall InCharge or Invigilator will give a briefing 10 (ten) minutes prior to the commencement of examination.
- No mobile phone, even inactive, is to be carried to the Examination Hall.
- Please follow instructions mentioned in the Admit Card.
(a) Candidates who registered for Medicine, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Nephrology, Endocrinology & Metabolism, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Hepatology, Rheumatology and Infectious Disease & Tropical Medicine, will fill up “Medicine” in answer sheet (OMR sheet) and questions will be common.
(b) Candidates who registered for Surgery, Urology, Neuro-Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery and, Paediatric Surgery, will fill up “Surgery’ in answer sheet (OMR sheet) and questions will be common.
(c) Candidates who registered for Paediatrics, Neonatology, Paediatric Haematology & Oncology, Paediatric Nephrology, Paediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition, Paediatric Pulmonology, Paediatric Neurology & Development, will fill up “Paediatrics” in answer sheet (OMR sheet) and questions will be CO)1OI).
(d) Candidates who registered forObst. & Gynae, Feto-Maternal Medicine, Gynaecological Oncology and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, will fill up “Obst. & Gynae’ in answer sheet (OMR sheet) and questions will be common.
(e) Candidates who registered forConservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics and Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Will fill up “Dentistry” in answer sheet (OMR sheet) and questions will be common.
(f) Candidates of remaining subjects will fill up their registered subject in the answer sheet (OMR sheet).
Download the Above Notice in PDF